There are many ways to give of your time to support the Skirball:
Photo by BeBe Jacobs.
Join the dedicated and enthusiastic men and women of the Skirball Volunteer Service Council! Enjoy the camaraderie of fellow volunteers, the rewards of helping others, and the opportunity to make a difference as you welcome the Skirball's hundreds of thousands of visitors each year.
- Fulfill essential visitor services, including welcoming and directing guests to galleries and other points around campus, and supplying information about the Skirball's array of offerings.
- Assist at family festivals, in Noah's Ark at the Skirball™ and the Family Art Studio, and other public programs.
- Serve as hosts and hostesses at Zeidler's Café.
- Assist in sales at both Zeidler's Cart and Audrey's Museum Store.
- Conduct audience surveys.
- Promote and sell Skirball Memberships.
- Provide clerical support to the staff, including fielding telephone calls from the public.
Volunteers must be able to:
- Commit to a minimum of twelve volunteer hours per month.
- Delight in working with the public.
- Attend meetings with curators for exhibition previews.
- Visit and familiarize themselves with the exhibitions in order to answer visitor questions confidently.
- Attend in-service trainings.
How to Apply
To apply, please call the Volunteer Services Manager at (310) 440-4689.
For information on teen volunteer opportunities, click here.