There are many ways to give of your time to support the Skirball:
Join the dedicated and enthusiastic men and women of the Skirball Volunteer Service Council! Enjoy the camaraderie of fellow volunteers, the rewards of helping others, and the opportunity to make a difference as you welcome the Skirball's hundreds of thousands of visitors each year.
- Fulfill essential visitor services, including welcoming and directing guests to galleries and other points around campus, and supplying information about the Skirball's array of offerings.
- Assist at family festivals, in Noah's Ark at the Skirball™ and the Family Art Studio, and other public programs.
- Serve as hosts and hostesses at Zeidler's Café.
- Assist in sales at both Zeidler's Cart and Audrey's Museum Store.
- Conduct audience surveys.
- Promote and sell Skirball Memberships.
- Provide clerical support to the staff, including fielding telephone calls from the public.
Volunteers must be able to:
- Commit to a minimum of twelve volunteer hours per month.
- Delight in working with the public.
- Attend meetings with curators for exhibition previews.
- Visit and familiarize themselves with the exhibitions in order to answer visitor questions confidently.
- Attend in-service trainings.
How to Apply
To apply, please call the Volunteer Services Manager at (310) 440-4689.
For information on teen volunteer opportunities, click here.