The Skirball Cultural Center is dedicated to exploring the connections between 4,000 years of Jewish heritage and the vitality of American democratic ideals. Educating and inspiring young people is central to the Skirball’s mission. Our school and teacher programs use the arts and cultural history to engage people with one another and the larger community and inspire them to make a difference in the world.
At the Skirball, we forge connections—among individuals, communities, cultures, and ideas. We engage the heart and mind in experiences that celebrate cultural diversity and explore shared values.
As a result of a visit to the Skirball, we hope every participant in our school outreach programs will:
- Feel welcomed, respected, and inspired
- Gain a greater understanding of Jewish culture and the cultural values and experiences that unite communities across cultures
- View diversity as a positive part of community life
- Develop strong visual and cultural literacy skills that promote a better understanding of the world
- Appreciate learning from the past and preserving memory
- Gain appreciation for one's own identity and heritage
- See oneself as an integral, active member of the local and larger community
- Return to the Skirball Cultural Center with family and friends
To download the full 2014-2015
School Outreach brochure, click here.
Read about 2014-2015 school tour and performance programs and teacher programs.
Learn more about public programs designed specifically for families.
Learn more about educational opportunities designed specifically for adult learners.