Learning for Life
The Skirball's Learning for Life program invites adult learners to experience art, culture, literature, and history, and to engage with fellow students in an intimate, welcoming environment.
New courses offer fresh insight into parenting, America's religions, and Jewish visual arts. Registration for these classes is now open!
Look out for upcoming courses on topics ranging from master composer Giacomo Puccini to the Jews of Southern Africa to painter and illustrator Gary Baseman. Plus, more classes taught in partnership with Otis College of Art and Design.
How to register:
Online: Click on the desired course below and then click on the "Buy Tickets Online" button on the course description page. No service charges apply.
Phone: Call the Learning for Life hotline at (310) 440-4535. Registration by phone is possible Monday–Friday, 9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m. A $3.50 service charge will apply.
On-site: Visit the Skirball Admissions Desk in the Main Lobby. Regular hours for Admissions Desk: Tuesday–Friday, 12:00-4:30 p.m., and Saturday–Sunday, 10:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m. No service charges apply.
For Otis classes: Register directly with Otis by calling (310) 665-6950 or visit www.otis.edu.
For UCLA classes: Register directly with UCLA by calling (310) 825-9971 or visit www.uclaextension.edu.
SKIRBALL MEMBERS: When registering through any of the methods above, have your Skirball Member ID handy to obtain Member prices.
- Giacomo Puccini: Master of Melody
- Introduction to Precious Metal Clay (with Otis College of Art and Design)
- Jewelry Design (with Otis College of Art and Design)
- Compressed Forms: Slice of Memoir, Flash Fiction, and Poetry (with Otis College of Art and Design)
- From Cape Town to California: Jews of Southern Africa
- Introduction to Glass Fusing and Slumping (with Otis College of Art and Design)
- Gary Baseman: Pervasion and Play (with UCLA Extension)
- Baseman's Los Angeles: A Bus Tour
- Introduction to Social Media Workshop
Join the Skirball now! Take advantage of Learning for Life discounts, attend exclusive Members-only events, receive free admission to exhibitions, and buy tickets to many programs at a reduced rate. Learn more and join today...