The Skirball Cultural Center seeks dynamic, dedicated individuals interested in connecting people across cultures and communities to join the Skirball's volunteer docent corps. Docents facilitate morning school programs in gallery and classroom settings, work with children and adults, and serve as ambassadors for the institution and its programs.
Docents must be able to:
- Be actively engaged for three (3) hours of touring.
- Participate in set-up and take-down of materials.
- Commit to a minimum of four (4) weekday mornings per month.
- Attend class meetings regularly.
- Delight in working with children.
- Open to learning about new educational approaches and techniques.
- Be flexible and collaborative with other educators.
To request an application form, please call (310) 440-4625.
Or click here to complete the online application.