The Skirball Cultural Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
The Skirball Cultural Center seeks qualified candidates for the position of Computer Technician. Reporting to the Information Technology Director, the Computer Technician is responsible for providing technical support to users of desktop computers, laptops, printers, and associated workplace devices throughout the Skirball Cultural Center.
- Solve user issues related to use of approved software including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Windows XP/7.
- Install and configure approved software for users as needed.
- Train staff on use of approved software.
- Configure, maintain, and track inventory of staff computers.
- Monitor staff computers for viruses and maintain up-to-date virus protection software.
- Utilize online help, manuals, and books to increase knowledge of applicable software and hardware.
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of current and developing information systems technology, equipment, and systems.
To perform effectively in this position, the successful candidate must demonstrate:
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Filemaker Pro, and Adobe Creative Suite, as well as patches, upgrades, viruses, firewalls, routers, and other protocols.
- Ability to use and assist others with use of Windows and Mac operating systems.
- Some knowledge and experience with LAN/WAN infrastructure.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to listen to non-technical staff members, interpret technical issues, and provide assistance as necessary.
- Initiative and ability to learn from online tutorials, computer manuals, and books.
It is assumed that candidates will have completed undergraduate information technology–related courses as part of a degree in information technology or another technical field. Experience in the information technology field is required and experience in the area of technical support is preferred. The position requires the ability to spend substantial time sitting and utilizing the computer, to work periodically on the floor installing and inspecting computers and network cabling, and lifting up to 50 lbs. as needed in the routine installation, repair, and management of computers and related devices.
Please send resume and cover letter describing your skills and interests by mail, fax, or e-mail to:
Human Resources Department
Re: Computer Technician
Skirball Cultural Center
2701 N. Sepulveda Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90049
FAX: (310) 440-4595