The Skirball Teen Corps program is no longer accepting applications for the Fall and Winter 2014 terms. Please check back beginning April 2015.
The Skirball Cultural Center seeks friendly, outgoing, and motivated teens to join the Skirball Teen Corps. By participating in this volunteer program, teens gain community service credit, professional experience in a museum setting, exposure to arts and cultural events, and the chance to work alongside museum staff and other teens from around Los Angeles. Participants are also invited to attend Skirball film screenings, concerts, lectures, and other enriching, fun-filled Skirball public programs for free!
- Skirball Teen Corps members must be a current student in grades 9–12.
- The minimum commitment of time is eight hours a month for at least six months.
- Teens are responsible for their own transportation to and from the Skirball.
Throughout the six-month commitment, teens are trained to take on a range of duties that involve preparing materials for assorted family programs and working with families with young children in a variety of settings, including the following:
- Outdoor archaeological dig
- Family Art Studio
- Family festivals, workshops, sleepovers, community group projects, summer concerts, etc.
- Noah's Ark at the Skirball™
Training and Volunteer Schedule
Teen applicants are contacted to schedule a brief interview and, if accepted, participate in a training session. Specific time slots for the jobs described above depend on availability and on the Skirball’s programming schedules.
How to Apply
In April, 2015, we will begin accepting applications for our next group of teens. Click here to complete the online application.