We are always looking for dynamic, friendly people who feel a connection to the Skirball mission to join our Volunteer Service Council! Enjoy being part of a community of volunteers and staff committed to presenting cultural experiences that foster human connections, celebrate hope and discovery, and help to build a more just society. Play a role in shaping the experiences of the hundreds of thousands of diverse, multigenerational visitors who come through our doors.
- Serve as welcoming, informed, and vibrant hosts to visitors in our entry lobby and at other points around the Skirball campus.
- Promote and sell Skirball Memberships.
- Assist at family festivals and other public programs, in Noah's Ark at the Skirball, and in the Family Art Studio.
- Conduct audience surveys.
- Provide clerical support to the staff, including fielding telephone calls from the public.
- Serve as hosts at Zeidler's Café, and conduct sales at Zeidler’s Cart.
- Assist Audrey’s Museum Store with sales and other work.
Note: Our greatest current need is for volunteers on Saturdays and Sundays, to serve as hosts in Zeidler’s Café and to conduct sales at Zeidler’s Cart.
Volunteers must be able to:
- Commit to a minimum of twelve volunteer hours per month.
- Delight in working with the public.
- Attend meetings with curators for exhibition previews.
- Visit and familiarize themselves with the exhibitions in order to answer visitor questions confidently.
- Attend in-service trainings.
How to Apply
To apply, please call the Volunteer Services Manager at (310) 440-4689.
For information on teen volunteer opportunities, click here.