“I love volunteering at the Skirball because of all the opportunities for meeting visitors from around the world...and from my own neighborhood. Interacting with so many people with different viewpoints expands how I see the world, and I love every minute of it.”—Joyce D., Skirball Volunteer since 2010
“For me, everything that the museum offers to volunteers, staff, and visiting guests I find very uplifting and inspirational.”—Tamie Ghesser, Skirball Volunteer since 2013
We are always looking for dynamic, friendly people who feel a connection to the Skirball mission to join our Volunteer Service Council! Enjoy being part of a community of volunteers and staff committed to presenting cultural experiences that foster human connections, celebrate hope and discovery, and help to build a more just society. Play a role in shaping the experiences of the hundreds of thousands of diverse, multigenerational visitors who come through our doors.
- Serve as welcoming, informed, and vibrant hosts to visitors in our entry lobby and at other points around the Skirball campus.
- Promote and sell Skirball Memberships.
- Assist at family festivals and other public programs, in Noah's Ark at the Skirball, and in the Family Art Studio.
- Conduct audience surveys.
- Provide clerical support to the staff, including fielding telephone calls from the public.
- Serve as hosts at Zeidler's Café, and conduct sales at Zeidler’s Cart.
- Assist Audrey’s Museum Store with sales and other work.
Note: Our greatest current need is for volunteers on Saturdays and Sundays, to serve as hosts in Zeidler’s Café and to conduct sales at Zeidler’s Cart.
Volunteers must be able to:
- Commit to a minimum of twelve volunteer hours per month.
- Delight in working with the public.
- Attend meetings with curators for exhibition previews.
- Visit and familiarize themselves with the exhibitions in order to answer visitor questions confidently.
- Attend in-service trainings.
How to Apply
To apply, please call the Volunteer Services Manager at (310) 440-4689.
For information on teen volunteer opportunities, click here.