About the Exhibition
More than fifty years after the debut of a moderately rated show called Star Trek, its stories continue to echo worldwide. Its famous opening line, “To boldly go where no one has gone before,” captures the spirit of this iconic series: the dare to strive for a better world. Opening in fall 2021, this fully immersive exhibition will showcase Star Trek’s significant impact on culture, art, and technology through more than 100 rare artifacts, set pieces, and props, plus state-of-the-art photo and video interactives.
- Set pieces from Star Trek: The Original Series, including the navigation console.
- More than 100 artifacts and props from the various Star Trek TV series and films, including an original series tricorder, communicator, and phaser; a Borg cube from the film Star Trek: First Contact; a Klingon disruptor pistol from Star Trek: The Next Generation; and tribbles from Star Trek: The Original Series.
- Spock’s tunic worn by Leonard Nimoy; Lt. Uhura’s dress worn by Nichelle Nichols; Khan garments past and present, including the open-chest tunic worn by Ricardo Montalban and the costume worn by Benedict Cumberbatch in the 2013 reboot; Captain Picard’s uniform worn by Patrick Stewart; plus, a Borg costume, the alien Gorn, and more.
- Original scripts, concept art, storyboards, and production drawings.
- Spaceship filming models of the U.S.S. Enterprise and U.S.S. Excelsior.
Skirball Members enjoy FREE admission to this specially ticketed exhibition and will be among the first to get to experience it—join or renew today!
™ and © 2021 CBS Studios, Inc. © 2021 Paramount Pictures Corp. STAR TREK and related marks and logos are trademarks of CBS Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved.
The exhibition and its related educational programs at the Skirball Cultural Center are made possible by generous support from the following donors:
Lori & Scott Cooper / Pegasus Squire
Additional support provided by the following donors:
In Memory of Michael Piller by Sandra Piller