Maximize your Sunset Concerts experience by reviewing these frequently asked questions before you arrive.
- ?How much does it cost to attend Sunset Concerts?
Admission to all Sunset Concerts is FREE and available on a first-come, first-served basis. Parking is $10 per car (cash only).
- ?How do I RSVP?
You can RSVP online at skirball.org/sunset-concerts. Select the concert of your choice from the lineup by clicking on the band name. Then, click on the “RSVP NOW” button under “Admission,” and enter the required information. You will receive an e-mail confirming your RSVP. You may also RSVP on site or by telephone at (877) SCC-4TIX or (310) 440-4500 (press 2).
- ?Do I need to print out a copy of the RSVP confirmation e-mail?
No. You do not need to bring a copy of the e-mail to enter Sunset Concerts.
- ?What are the benefits of RSVPing for Sunset Concerts?When you RSVP, you will receive an e-mail reminder, a downloadable map detailing places to go around campus as well as food and drink offerings, and any updates about that night’s concert. You’ll also have the gratification of knowing you helped us prepare for your arrival!
- ?Does RSVPing guarantee admission to and/or seating at Sunset Concerts?
No. We cannot guarantee admission, and limited seating is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- ?I forgot to RSVP. Can I still attend Sunset Concerts?
Yes! While we request that you RSVP before coming to the Skirball, we also welcome walk-up attendees. Please note that admission and seating for all attendees are on a first-come, first-served basis.
- ?Does the Skirball have on-site parking?
Yes! On-site parking is $10 per car. Be sure to have cash with you, as we do not accept credit card payments in the parking structures. You must show a parking stub in order to enter the concert, so bring the stub with you after you park. For a better deal, consider carpooling with family or friends!
Street parking is strictly prohibited.
- ?Can I get to the Skirball via public transportation?
Yes! Take public transportation to the Skirball via Metro Rapid 734/Local 234.
- ?I’m taking a rideshare service (Lyft, Uber, etc.) or taxi to the Skirball. Where should I request to be dropped off?
For your safety, please request to be dropped off outside the main entrance. A Skirball staff member will then provide you with a wristband for admission to Sunset Concerts.
- ?Do I need a timed ticket to enter?
No. We’re excited to introduce a new, streamlined admissions process at this year’s Sunset Concerts. When you arrive at the Skirball beginning at 5:30, bring your parking stub to the check-in table or alert a Skirball staff member at the designated drop-off location to obtain a wristband for entry. Timed-entry tickets will no longer be distributed. Instead of waiting in line to enter the facility, come on in after you get your wristband!
After you obtain your wristband, attendees are welcome to purchase food and beverages from Zeidler’s Cart (including full bar service), shop in Audrey’s Museum Store, and visit the Museum galleries (except Noah’s Ark at the Skirball™). The concert venue doors open at 6:30 p.m.
- ?What time does check-in open?
The check-in table, which will be located at the bottom of our front steps, will open at 5:30. Pick up your wristband there, then come in to enjoy the galleries, food and drink, and more. Wristbands will be distributed until we reach capacity.
- ?What’s new at this year’s Sunset Concerts?
In addition to the streamlined admissions process (outlined in the answer above), this year’s Sunset Concerts will feature FREE entry to the summer exhibition Paul Simon: Words & Music, an interactive summer family hangout space called The Park, games, photo ops, and additional outdoor dining areas and bars. See the Sunset Concerts map to explore these new offerings.
- ?Is there a dress code?
We kindly request that all attendees wear shoes and shirts. The outdoor concert venue can become chilly in the evenings, so bringing warm attire is recommended.
- ?Can I visit the Museum galleries during Sunset Concerts?
- ?Can I purchase items from Audrey’s Museum Store at Sunset Concerts?Yes! Audrey’s Museum Store is open from 5:30 to 8:00 p.m. Don’t forget to pick up your items before the concerts begin!
- ?Can I bring food and/or alcoholic beverages to Sunset Concerts?
While you are welcome to bring outside food to the concerts, please remember that outside alcoholic beverages, glass containers, and glassware are not permitted.
- ?I don’t have time to pick up food before coming to the Skirball. Is there food available for purchase at Sunset Concerts?Yes! From 5:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m., Zeidler’s Cart will be offering grab-and-go light fare (sandwiches, salads, and snacks) and full bar service.
- ?Can I bring my child to Sunset Concerts?Yes! Children are welcome at all concerts. The Sunset Concerts Family Room, located directly adjacent to the concert venue, provides a dedicated environment where children, ages 3 and up, can take part in age-appropriate activities. Children 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult at all times. No drop offs.
- ?Are there amenities for visitors with disabilities at Sunset Concerts?
Yes! Before the concert venue doors open, visitors with disabilities may wait in an indoor seating area adjacent to the outdoor concert venue. Please visit our Accessibility webpage for additional information about ADA accessible parking, borrowing wheelchairs, bringing service animals, and other efforts we are making to welcome visitors of all communities and generations to the Skirball.
- ?Are noise-cancelling headphones or earplugs available?Yes! Visitors with small children and babies may borrow noise-cancelling headphones during Sunset Concerts (at a table in front of the Family Room adjacent to the concert venue), subject to availability. Earplugs are available for adult visitors.
- ?Do I need to bring my own chairs to Sunset Concerts?No. Outside chairs are not permitted in the concert venue. Seating is available on a first-come, first-served basis.