Great Decisions: A Current Events Discussion Group
Thursdays, January 24, February 7 and 21, March 7 and 21, April 4 and 18, and May 2, 1:30–3:00 pm
About the Program
Become an informed citizen! In this stimulating discussion group, discuss and debate important international current events with the guidance of an experienced moderator and guest lecturers from area universities and think tanks.
Topics this winter/spring include:
- Refugees and Global Migration
- The Middle East: Regional Disorder
- Nuclear Negotiations: Back to the Future?
- The Rise of Populism in Europe
- Decoding US-China Trade
- Cyber Conflicts and Geopolitics
- The United States and Mexico: Partnership Tested
- State of the State Department and Diplomacy
Affiliated with the Foreign Policy Association, a nonprofit organization dedicated to inspiring the American public to debate important international issues.
Moderator: Adele Lander Burke, Vice President, Public Programs, Skirball Cultural Center, has a BA in political science from Washington University, St. Louis, and an MA in education from Hebrew Union College, Los Angeles. Burke has been facilitating current events discussion groups for several years.