Maximize your Sunset Concerts experience by reviewing these frequently asked questions before you arrive.
- ?How much does it cost to attend Sunset Concerts?
Admission to all Sunset Concerts is FREE and available on a first-come, first-served basis. Parking is $10 per car (cash only).
- ?Do I need to reserve tickets before attending?
No. There are no reservations for Sunset Concerts.
But you may tell us if you’re interested in attending! Help us gauge the concert’s popularity by clicking on the “I’M INTERESTED” button and entering the requested information. You’ll automatically be entered to win a weekly Sunset Concerts prize (winners will be notified by e-mail), and you’ll also receive a reminder e-mail with program updates and handy tips. Important note: Expressing interest in Sunset Concerts does not guarantee admission or seating.
- ?What are the benefits of saying "I'M INTERESTED" in attending Sunset Concerts?
When you click the “I’M INTERESTED” button and submit the requested information, you’ll automatically be entered to win a weekly Sunset Concerts prize (winners will be notified by e-mail), and you’ll also receive a reminder e-mail with program updates and handy tips. Important note: Expressing interest in Sunset Concerts does not guarantee admission or seating.
You’ll also have the gratification of knowing you helped us prepare for your arrival!
- ?Does saying "I'M INTERESTED" guarantee admission to and/or seating at Sunset Concerts?
No. We cannot guarantee admission, and limited seating is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- ?I didn't say "I'M INTERESTED." Can I still attend Sunset Concerts?
Yes! We welcome walk-up attendees, as space allows. Please note that admission and seating for all attendees are on a first-come, first-served basis.
- ?Does the Skirball have on-site parking?
Yes! On-site parking is $10 per car. Be sure to have cash with you, as we do not accept credit card payments in the parking structures. You must show a parking stub in order to enter the concert, so bring the stub with you after you park. For a better deal, consider carpooling with family or friends!
Street parking is strictly prohibited.
- ?Can I get to the Skirball via public transportation?
Yes! Take public transportation to the Skirball via Metro Rapid 734/Local 234.
- ?I’m taking a rideshare service (Lyft, Uber, etc.) or taxi to the Skirball. Where should I request to be dropped off?
For your safety, please request to be dropped off outside the main entrance. A Skirball staff member will then provide you with a wristband for admission to Sunset Concerts.
- ?Do I need a timed ticket to enter?
No. Last year, we introduced a new, streamlined admissions process for Sunset Concerts. When you arrive at the Skirball beginning at 5:30, bring your parking stub to the check-in table or alert a Skirball staff member at the designated drop-off location to obtain a wristband for entry. Timed-entry tickets will no longer be distributed. Instead of waiting in line to enter the facility, come on in after you get your wristband!
After you obtain your wristband, attendees are welcome to purchase food and beverages from Zeidler’s Cart (including full bar service), shop in Audrey’s Museum Store, and visit the Museum galleries (except Noah’s Ark at the Skirball™). The concert venue doors open at 6:30 p.m.
- ?What time does check-in open?
The check-in table, which will be located at the bottom of our front steps, will open at 5:30. Pick up your wristband there, then come in to enjoy the galleries, food and drink, and more. Wristbands will be distributed until we reach capacity.
- ?Is there a dress code?
We kindly request that all attendees wear shoes and shirts. The outdoor concert venue can become chilly in the evenings, so bringing warm attire is recommended.
- ?Can I visit the Museum galleries during Sunset Concerts?
- ?Can I purchase items from Audrey’s Museum Store at Sunset Concerts?Yes! Audrey’s Museum Store is open from 5:30 to 8:00 p.m. Don’t forget to pick up your items before the concerts begin!
- ?Can I bring food and/or alcoholic beverages to Sunset Concerts?
While you are welcome to bring outside food to the concerts, please remember that outside alcoholic beverages, glass containers, and glassware are not permitted.
- ?I don’t have time to pick up food before coming to the Skirball. Is there food available for purchase at Sunset Concerts?Yes! From 5:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m., Zeidler’s Cart will be offering grab-and-go light fare (sandwiches, salads, and snacks) and full bar service.
- ?Can I bring my child to Sunset Concerts?Yes! Children are welcome at all concerts. The Sunset Concerts Family Room, located directly adjacent to the concert venue, provides a dedicated environment where children, ages 3 and up, can take part in age-appropriate activities. Children 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult at all times. No drop offs.
- ?Are there amenities for visitors with disabilities at Sunset Concerts?
Yes! Before the concert venue doors open, visitors with disabilities may wait in an indoor seating area adjacent to the outdoor concert venue. Please visit our Accessibility webpage for additional information about ADA accessible parking, borrowing wheelchairs, bringing service animals, and other efforts we are making to welcome visitors of all communities and generations to the Skirball.
- ?Are noise-cancelling headphones or earplugs available?Yes! Visitors with small children and babies may borrow noise-cancelling headphones during Sunset Concerts (at a table in front of the Family Room adjacent to the concert venue), subject to availability. Earplugs are available for adult visitors.
- ?Do I need to bring my own chairs to Sunset Concerts?
No. Outside chairs are not permitted in the concert venue. Seating (in chairs provided by the Skirball) is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
With multiple offerings around campus, seating availability changes throughout the evening—if you can’t find a seat immediately, stop by the galleries or grab a drink and a free seat may be waiting for you when you return! Please consider the needs of others when selecting your seat.