Facilitated by experienced educators and docents and offered during the academic school year, Skirball school outreach programs are designed specifically for classes in Pre-K–Grade 12. Learn more...
Groups of 10 or more are invited to book a private, docent-led tour of the Skirball’s permanent exhibition Visions and Values: Jewish Life from Antiquity to America and select changing exhibitions throughout the year. Also available are “Spotlight Tours,” which focus on a particular theme within Visions and Values. Tours are geared to adults, seniors, and students ages 13 and over. We are currently unable to facilitate tours for children 12 and under.
Currently, the Skirball is accepting private tour requests for the following:
- Leonard Bernstein at 100 Tour
- Notorious RBG: The Life and Times of Ruth Bader Ginsburg Tour
- Visions and Values: Jewish Life from Antiquity to America Tour
- Spotlight Tour: Architecture and Gardens
The per-person fee for a private tour taking place before September 1, 2018, is $9. The per-person fee for a private tour taking place after September 1, 2018, is $12.
- Per-person fees for private tours apply to all members of your group, including Skirball Members.
- All private tours must be booked and pre-paid at least three weeks in advance of the desired visit date, so be sure to plan ahead. All tour dates and times are subject to availability.
- Private tours are conducted during regular Museum hours, when members of the public are welcome in the galleries. For information on booking a gallery for exclusive, after-hours use by your group, please email email@example.com.
- When you request a private tour, you will have a chance to ask about booking a private catered meal for your group. To learn more about group dining options, click on Group Dining below.
- After we receive your private tour request form, a Skirball representative will call to arrange your private tour, plus dining services if requested.
Not coming with a group of 10 or more but still want a guided tour?—On an ongoing basis, the Skirball offers docent-led public tours of Visions and Values and select changing exhibitions during regular Museum hours. These public tours tours are open to all visitors and included with Museum admission, with no reservations necessary and no group minimum required. View the current schedule of docent-led public tours.
Climb aboard Noah's Ark—Groups of 10 or more are welcome to reserve self-guided group visits to Noah’s Ark at the Skirball from September through May. These may be booked on Wednesdays and Fridays between 1:00 and 5:00 p.m. Please check back in September for more information!
The Skirball is pleased to offer several options for enjoying lunch with your fellow group members.
Plan a delicious catered meal in a private room—When booking a private guided tour of one of our exhibitions through the online request form (click on Private Tours above to learn more about private tours and to access the online Private Guided Tour Request Form), be sure to indicate your interest in arranging a private catered meal.
Savor lunch at Zeidler's Café—Zeidler's Café is open Tuesday–Saturday, 11:30 a.m.–3:30 p.m., and Sundays, 11:00 a.m.–3:30 p.m. Beverages and desserts are served until 4:30 p.m. If you wish to dine at Zeidler's Café on the day of your group visit, please indicate so when you fill out your online Private Guided Tour Request form or when you speak with the Skirball representative to book your group visit. He/she will make the café reservation on your behalf, subject to availability.
Grab a bite from Zeidler's Cart—Pick up grab-and-go gourmet sandwiches and salads, as well as an array of tasty sides and snacks, available for purchase at Zeidler's Cart. The cart is open Tuesday–Saturday, 11:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m., and Sundays, 11:00 a.m.–4:30 p.m. Tables and chairs around campus are available—on a first-come, first-served basis only—for visitors to enjoy meals purchased from Zeidler's Cart.
Bring your own lunch—Enjoy food from home while at the Skirball. However, please note that food and beverages are strictly prohibited in the Museum galleries, and that tables and chairs around campus may not always be available and may not be reserved.