In light of public-health concerns related to COVID-19, all group visits scheduled through August have been cancelled. At this time, we are not accepting new bookings. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about school visits. For all other group types, please direct questions to email@example.com. Thank you for your understanding.
Facilitated by experienced educators and docents and offered during the academic school year, Skirball school outreach programs are designed specifically for classes in Pre-K–Grade 12. Learn more...
Groups of 10 or more are invited to book a private, docent-led tour of the Skirball’s permanent exhibition Visions and Values: Jewish Life from Antiquity to America and select changing exhibitions throughout the year. Also available are “Spotlight Tours,” which focus on a particular theme within Visions and Values. Tours are geared to adults, seniors, and students ages 13 and over. We are currently unable to facilitate tours for children 12 and under.
The per-person fee for a private tour is $12.
- Per-person fees for private tours apply to all members of your group, including Skirball Members.
- All private tours must be booked and pre-paid at least three weeks in advance of the desired visit date, so be sure to plan ahead. All tour dates and times are subject to availability.
- Private tours are conducted during regular Museum hours, when members of the public are welcome in the galleries.
- When you request a private tour, you will have a chance to ask about booking a private catered meal for your group. To learn more about group dining options, click on Group Dining below.
Not coming with a group of 10 or more but still want a guided tour?—On an ongoing basis, the Skirball offers docent-led public tours of Visions and Values and select changing exhibitions during regular Museum hours. These public tours are open to all visitors and included with Museum admission, with no reservations necessary and no group minimum required.
Climb aboard Noah's Ark—Groups of 10 or more are welcome to reserve self-guided group visits to Noah’s Ark at the Skirball from September through May. These may be booked on Wednesdays and Fridays between 1:00 and 5:00 pm.
Groups of 10 or more are welcome to explore the Skirball. All group visits must be booked and pre-paid at least two weeks in advance of the desired visit date, so be sure to plan ahead.
Book a private tour—Groups of 10 or more are invited to book a private, docent-led tour of the Skirball's permanent exhibition Visions and Values: Jewish Life from Antiquity to America and of select changing exhibitions throughout the year. Advance reservations and pre-payment are required. Click on Private Tours above to learn more about booking a private guided tour for your group.
Book a self-guided group visit—Groups of 10 or more who wish to explore the Skirball's permanent exhibition Visions and Values: Jewish Life from Antiquity to America and select changing exhibitions throughout the year without the benefit of a private, assigned docent are welcome to take advantage of group admission discounts. The per-person fees for a self-guided group visit are as follows:
$9 General, Seniors (65 and up), and Full-Time Students with ID
$6 Children 2–12
FREE to Children under 2
- To qualify for the group admission discount, your group must pay for at least 10 group members, regardless of whether any of the 10 is a Skirball Member. Any Skirball Members in your group beyond the minimum of 10 may, however, be admitted for free.
- Group admission discounts may only be redeemed when you book and pre-pay your self-guided group visit at least two weeks in advance of your desired visit date. Group admission discounts may not be redeemed without advance reservations.
- Climb aboard Noah's Ark—Private, docent-led tours are not available for Noah's Ark at the Skirball™, but groups of 10 or more may reserve self-guided visits to Noah's Ark on Wednesdays and Thursdays at the discounted admission rates indicated above. Learn more…
The Skirball is pleased to offer several options for enjoying lunch with your fellow group members.
Plan a delicious catered meal in a private room—When booking a private guided tour of one of our exhibitions, be sure to indicate your interest in arranging a private catered meal.
Savor lunch at Zeidler’s Café—If you wish to dine at Zeidler’s Café on the day of your group visit, please indicate so when you book your group visit. We will make the café reservation on your behalf, subject to availability. Click here for café hours.
Grab a bite from Zeidler's Cart—Pick up grab-and-go gourmet sandwiches and salads, as well as an array of tasty sides and snacks, available for purchase at Zeidler's Cart. Tables and chairs around campus are available—on a first-come, first-served basis only—for visitors to enjoy meals purchased from Zeidler's Cart. Click here for cart hours.
Bring your own lunch—Enjoy food from home while at the Skirball. However, please note that food and beverages are strictly prohibited in the Museum galleries, and that tables and chairs around campus may not always be available and may not be reserved.