Updated April 3, 2020, 9:00 am
The well-being of the Skirball community is our highest priority, especially in light of public-health concerns related to COVID-19. In support of emergency efforts to slow and contain the spread of the virus, we have closed to the public effective Saturday, March 14 through Sunday, May 3. This closure includes our Museum and Noah’s Ark galleries, Family Art Studio, Archaeology Adventures simulated dig site, Audrey’s Museum Store, and Zeidler’s Cafe.
Most Skirball staff are working from home and available to receive and reply to email and voicemail. Please feel free to stay in touch, and thank you in advance if our response time is longer than usual.
All school programs through May 3, teacher programs through June 26, and Skirball-organized public programs through May 30 have been cancelled or will be rescheduled in consideration of guidelines from the California and LA County Departments of Public Health. See below for a complete list of cancelled or postponed programs, and check back here for the most up-to-date information about program status. All private events through May 3 are also cancelled.
We will continue to monitor news from federal, state, and local agencies and adjust our response to this rapidly evolving situation. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work with the wider community to protect the health and safety of all. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Cancelled or Postponed Skirball Public Programs (as of March 13)
- Stephen Sondheim: The Man and the Music (class sessions on Wednesdays, March 11, 18, and 25)
- Art and Light: Illumination’s Symbolic Meaning in Art (class sessions on Wednesdays, March 11 and 18)
- Great Decisions: A Current Events Discussion Group (class sessions on Thursdays, March 12 and 26, April 16 and 23)
- Noah’s Ark After Dark: Pajama Party! (Saturday, March 14)
- How to Write Great Stories (class sessions on Mondays, March 16 and 23)
- An Evening with Ilya Kaminsky and Dunya Mikhail: Two Poets on Exile, War, and Love (Wednesday, March 25)
- The Sarajevo Haggadah: Music of the Book (Sunday, March 29)
- Paterson (Tuesday, April 7)
- Bright Star (Tuesday, April 14)
- Rahim AlHaj and Sahba Motallebi (Sunday, April 19)
- Babylon: Journeys of Refugees (Friday, April 24)
- Skirball Puppet Festival (Sunday, April 26)
- Member Preview Day (Wednesday, April 29)
- Deli Stories: A Celebration of Jewish Delis (Friday, May 1)
- Aditya Prakash Ensemble (Thursday, May 7)
- Noah’s Ark After Dark: Puzzles and Pajamas! (Saturday, May 30)
- Hands on History (Sundays, 12:00–2:00 pm; suspended until further notice)
- All drop-in activities within Noah’s Ark
- All school programs through May 3
- All teacher programs through June 26