Thank you for your interest in employment at the Skirball. Below is a current list of job opportunities.
The Skirball Cultural Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
The Skirball Cultural Center seeks a grant writer for its Advancement department. This full-time position reports to the Vice President of Advancement and is responsible for researching potential grant opportunities, writing proposals, and preparing reports to funding agencies.
- Research available grants from diverse sources of funding.
- Generate and gather data and information to support grant and report preparation.
- Draft grant proposals, including budgets and necessary supporting materials.
- Assist with other writing needs within the department, including membership promotions.
To perform effectively in this position, the incumbent must have the following qualifications:
- Prior experience in writing successful grants and reports; other fundraising experience also useful
- Demonstrated writing ability, including excellent spelling, grammar, and editing skills; effective business, technical, and persuasive writing styles
- Excellent oral communication skills, including active listening and the ability to build successful professional relationships
- Effective organizational skills and the capacity to simultaneously handle multiple activities with changing priorities
- Ability to work with minimal oversight to achieve team goals on a consistent basis
- Demonstrated grant researching skills
- Proficiency in office computer programs, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; Raiser’s Edge experience strongly preferred
Typically, these skills and knowledge are the result of a combination of an undergraduate degree in English, communications, marketing, or similar field and/or equivalent experience, and at least three years successful nonprofit grant writing experience.
Please send resume and cover letter by mail, fax, or e-mail to:
Re: Grants Specialist
Skirball Cultural Center
2701 N. Sepulveda Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA. 90049
FAX: (310) 440-4595