Thank you for your interest in employment at the Skirball. Below is a current list of job opportunities.
The Skirball Cultural Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
Visitor Experience Associate
The Skirball Cultural Center seeks a warm and friendly, flexible self-starter with excellent communication and interpersonal skills for the position of Visitor Experience Associate. This person serves on the Visitor Experience team within the Skirball’s Education and Visitor Experience Department and reports to the Visitor Experience Manager. This is a 36-40 hour/week position with benefits. The schedule includes one or two weekend days per week of work, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., with some schedule shifts to accommodate evening programming.
- Greet, welcome, and engage with visitors to the Skirball in a warm, professional, and outgoing manner that sets them up for a positive overall Skirball experience.
- Orient and answer questions from visitors, including large numbers of families, seniors, and members of the general public. Promote exhibitions, programs, and other Skirball offerings based on what is most relevant to them.
- Provide guests with the day’s sticker, and record and process admission fees.
- Receive, track, and account for daily cash and credit receipts ensuring accuracy and completeness. Generate daily Will-Call lists.
- Work closely with Security staff, Porters, and Volunteers at the membership desk to help the lobby run smoothly and ensure a positive visitor experience.
- Provide admission stickers, docent tour sign-up sheet, and computer support for Volunteers.
- Fill brochure racks as needed; ensure the racks remain tidy and attractive.
- Make various signs for the lobby, north garage kiosk, volunteer desk, etc.
- Share visitor experiences and weekend activity reports with manager and other senior staff as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will exhibit the following skills and characteristics:
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service, and verbal communication skills and a friendly, professional demeanor
- Warm personality and active interest in interacting with people for the bulk of each day. Prior experience interacting with families desirable.
- Prior sales/box office experience desirable
- Excellent attention to detail, effectiveness as a team player, and ability to flexibly solve problems in a changing environment
- Ability to learn about and convey the Skirball’s mission and share information about its exhibitions, programs, and other offerings with visitors
- Ability to interact positively with visitors, volunteers, and staff of different generations and diverse backgrounds
- Basic math skills to account for receipts, prepare routine reports, and identify and resolve errors
- Basic computer skills and competent written communication skills
- Fluency in (spoken) Spanish preferred
- Ability to spend a substantial amount of time sitting, standing, and handling customer admissions and inquiries
Please send resume and cover letter by mail, fax, or e-mail to:
Human Resources Department
Re: Visitor Experience Associate
Skirball Cultural Center
2701 N. Sepulveda Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90049
FAX: (310) 440-4595