We are not accepting new applications for our docent program at this time. To receive updates about future docent opportunities, please email email@example.com.
Skirball docents are a dynamic group of dedicated individuals who connect people to one another, to history, and to the world around us through interactive experiences rooted in equity and inclusion that cultivate empathy and civic engagement.
In addition to facilitating in-gallery and online tours, docents attend regularly scheduled classes and trainings tied to the Skirball mission and special exhibitions, as well as participate in holiday celebrations and other community events.
Docents should be able to:
- Lead inclusive and engaging tours that align with Skirball values
- Delight in working with visitors of all ages, including families with young children
- Attend all docent classes and trainings
- Be open to learning about new educational approaches and techniques
- Be flexible and collaborative with other team members and employees
- Commit to a set number of tours per month (depending on tour opportunities)
If you have any questions or would like to know more about the docent program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
“Becoming a docent at the Skirball Cultural Center has been one of the greatest experiences of my life. The Skirball is a truly unique place, one whose values reverberate through the ages.”—Fran Kubrin