As part of its mission, the Skirball Cultural Center strives to welcome people of all communities and generations to its exhibitions and public programs. The ever-expanding list of amenities and services outlined below helps the Skirball to achieve this mission.
- Parking—ADA accessible parking is located in the South Parking garage. The North and East Parking garages also include a limited number of ADA accessible spaces.
- Entrances—Power-assist doors are located at all main entrances.
- Galleries, the museum store, the café, and program facilities—All Museum galleries (including Noah’s Ark at the Skirball™), Audrey’s Museum Store, Zeidler’s Café, and other indoor and outdoor spaces at the Skirball are wheelchair accessible. ADA certified service animals are welcome; and the use of motorized wheelchairs is permitted.
- Restrooms—All public restrooms are wheelchair accessible, and most restrooms include baby changing stations.
- Family areas—Nursing mothers are welcome to use the family room located on the lower level of the main lobby. Families with very young children are also invited to read, play, and relax in the Toddler Corner within the Family Art Studio.
Programming—During Sensory Friendly Hours, the Skirball welcomes all visitors to enjoy a Noah’s Ark experience specially designed for guests with autism spectrum disorders, sensory-processing differences, and other developmental disabilities. Expect a reduced number of visitors, quieter galleries, and relaxed music and story times. Noise-dampening headphones, sensory bags, and lanterns for low-light sensitivity are available to borrow. View upcoming dates and learn how to buy/reserve tickets here.
Available for Check-Out
- Wheelchairs—A limited number of wheelchairs are available for check-out, on a first-come, first-served basis, at the security desk in the main lobby and at the security kiosk in the North Parking garage. If you are parking in the East Parking garage and require a wheelchair, please call (310) 440-4676 in advance so that a security guard may be ready to assist you upon your arrival. In order to check out a wheelchair, you must leave an ID with the security guard.
- Assisted listening devices—Built-in and portable assisted listening devices are available during public programs. Please inquire with the security guard upon your arrival for additional information. In order to check out a device, you must leave an ID with the security guard.
- Transcripts—Visitors may borrow transcripts for select video and audio stations in the galleries. Please inquire at the information desk in the main lobby upon your arrival. Closed captioning is included on most other videos displayed in the galleries.
- Strollers—A limited number of strollers are available for check-out, on a first-come, first-served basis, at the security desk in the main lobby. In order to check out a stroller, you must leave an ID with the security guard.
- Lockers—Visitors may secure personal items in lockers, located on the lower level of the main lobby. Please see the security guard in the main lobby for assistance.
- Sensory bags—Visitors may borrow sensory bags from both the information desk in the main lobby and within Noah’s Ark. These bags hold noise-dampening headphones, stims, fidgets, puzzles, and fine motor manipulatives that provide visitors something to touch, fidget, or play with in stressful moments. Please ask an educator or volunteer inside of Noah’s Ark to borrow other calming items, like a weighted blanket and vest, to help your child feel safe, secure, and grounded during your visit.
- Noise-dampening headphones and earplugs—Visitors with small children and babies may check out noise-dampening headphones for use during Sunset Concerts and during the Family Amphitheater Performances. Earplugs are available for adult visitors.
Available to Download
- An Ark for All—Prepare for your visit to Noah’s Ark by downloading this mobile app, developed specially for families with developmental disabilities and young children. In the app, you'll be able to learn about your Noah's Ark visit, create your own schedule for the day, play a Noah's Ark memory game, use the sensory friendly map, and read about insider tips. Available for FREE in the App Store and on Google Play.