Registration Tips and Information
Registration Tips and Information
- Create or locate your Skirball account—We recommend all teachers create an account in advance of our listed registration dates, as programs tend to fill quickly. You can create an account by visiting our school programs portal and submitting your email.
If you already have an account but don’t remember your login information, visit the school programs portal and submit your email under “Create an Account.” Follow the prompts to reset your username and password.
- Select your school program—For detailed descriptions, click on the School Programs tab, select School Programs, and visit the Details and Reservations page for your preferred school tour
- Select a date—To enter the Skirball’s online registration system, click the “REGISTER NOW” button under Registration. If this is your first time using this system, enter your email address and follow the prompts to create an account. Once you are logged in, select the date on which you’d like to book your school program.
- Complete your registration—Once you have logged in and selected your program date, complete the registration form. Please follow registration instructions carefully and make sure to fill out all required fields; incomplete forms will not be accepted by our online system. You may log in to your account and update your information at any time. If you request an admission scholarship for your school program, you will be asked to submit additional required information regarding your request.
- Await your confirmation—After you have submitted your request, you will receive an automated email indicating that you have completed your registration. Please note that this email is not a final confirmation of your program. It only indicates that your request has been received. Please allow up to four weeks to receive official confirmation of your scheduled program.
Please note: Teachers are only eligible to register for one School Program date within the 2023–2024 academic year.
What should I do if I forgot my username and/or password?
- Submit your email in the school programs portal—Visit our school programs portal and enter your email under “Create an Account.” You will receive an email with a temporary username and password.
- Log in using your temporary username and password—After you log in, you can change your username and password by going to “My Account” and editing your account information. Temporary passwords expire within fifteen minutes. If you need assistance resetting your password, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How many students and adults (teachers and chaperones combined) can participate in a school program?
The capacity for our gallery school tours varies by program, as follows:
- Noah’s Ark at the Skirball: 50 students and 10 adults
- Visions and Values: 60 students and 10 adults
- Archaeology of the Near East: 35 students and 5 adults
- Changing exhibitions: Capacity varies by gallery
This information can also be found on individual school program pages.
How can chaperones prepare for a visit to the Skirball?
Can I eat lunch at the Skirball after my school tour?
The Skirball cannot accommodate groups for lunch onsite before or after school tours. Please work with your school office and transportation provider on an alternate lunch plan for the day of your school tour. See a map of nearby parks.
Do you have a waitlist?
Yes! Once all available dates for a selected school program are filled, you can place your name on the program's waitlist. If a tour date becomes available during this school year, we will contact you. Program dates are offered in the order we receive waitlist applications. Adding your name to the waitlist does not guarantee a tour date would be offered.
How do I cancel my program?
To cancel your program, either email email@example.com or log in to your Skirball account. If you need to cancel, please let us know as soon as possible so that schools on the waitlist can be accommodated. To avoid billing, cancellations must be made at least one week prior to your scheduled program.
It is the responsibility of the registering teacher to cancel any transportation arrangements. Invoices for bus scholarships will not be honored by the Skirball if you do not attend a previously scheduled program and fail to cancel your bus.
Cost and Fee Waivers
How much does a school program cost?
Gallery school tour fee: $100 flat rate per group
Payments must be made within fourteen days after receiving your program invoice. Please do not bring payment with you on the day of your visit.
If you need to cancel, please let us know as soon as possible so that schools on the waitlist can be accommodated. To avoid billing, cancellations must be made at least one week prior to your scheduled program.
Are admission scholarships available?
Yes! The Skirball provides admission scholarships on a first-come, first-served basis to public schools in need. You may apply for an admission scholarship online when you submit your school program request form. Your scholarship status will be indicated in your visit confirmation.
Are transportation scholarships available?
Yes! The Skirball provides bus scholarships on a first-come, first-served basis to public schools in need. You may apply for a bus scholarship online when you submit your school program request form. Your scholarship status will be indicated in your visit confirmation, including a scholarship number and detailed instructions for ordering your bus.
Note: Bus scholarships are not transferable and are limited to $500 per scholarship. Each school may receive up to three bus scholarships per school year. If the transportation cost exceeds the awarded scholarship amount, the school is responsible for covering the remaining balance.
Schools are responsible for making their own bus arrangements; the Skirball does not schedule or cancel bus reservations on behalf of schools.
Health and Safety on Campus
Are masks required during in-person school tours?
Masks are strongly recommended but not required when attending an in-gallery school program. Stay home if you feel sick or have been exposed to COVID-19.
Note: Safety protocols are subject to change. Please check any reservation reminders before your visit for the most up-to-date and detailed information.
How do I prepare for a school program?
After completing the registration process, you will receive information about how to prepare, including links to useful resources.
For online school programs:
- If you requested to host the online school programs, remember to provide your meeting details with us at least two weeks before the date of your program. You can do this directly using your teacher account.
- If you requested for the Skirball to host the online school program, you will receive Zoom meeting credentials unique to your program. We ensure all of our Skirball-hosted online school programs are private and password protected.
What are Skirball’s safety guidelines for online school programs?
For privacy, no recording or screenshots are permitted during the program.
Teachers must be present and on-screen with their camera turned on throughout the duration of the online school program. We understand that students may have their cameras off due to bandwidth capacity.
When Skirball hosts:
- All participants joining a Zoom call are first placed in a virtual waiting room. Skirball educators admit the classroom teacher first; the teacher then gives permission to admit students into the classroom, ensuring that only approved participants can enter.
- Online meeting settings are configured so that participants are not allowed to share their screens, share files, or use annotations without teacher permission.
- Educators encourage students to engage verbally or non-verbally (via chat). Teachers can request to turn off the chat function if desired.
When the teacher hosts:
- Skirball educators will use the screen sharing function during the program and will require co-host privileges assigned by the classroom teacher.