The following Skirball Cultural Center exhibitions are now available for travel. For further information,
including space requirements, availability dates, and other specifications, please review the individual exhibitions listed below.
For additional information, contact Michele Urton, Exhibition Director, at email@example.com.
“I’ll Have What She’s Having”: The Jewish Deli
Exploring how American Jews imported traditions, adapted culture, and built community through the experience of food, “I’ll Have What She’s Having”: The Jewish Deli reveals how delicatessens became cornerstones of American Jewish food culture during the past century. By sharing the history of deli, the exhibition traces how delis evolved from specialty stores catering to immigrant populations into beloved national institutions. On view will be neon signs, menus, advertisements, fixtures, packaging, and photographs, while lively interactives invite visitors to engage with each other and connect with their own memories of deli.
- Skirball Cultural Center, Los Angeles, CA, April 14–September 18, 2022
- New-York Historical Society, New York, NY, November 11, 2022—April 2, 2023
- Holocaust Museum, Houston, TX, May 4–August 13, 2023
- Illinois Holocaust Museum & Education Center, Skokie, IL, October 22, 2023–April 14, 2024
- Capital Jewish Museum, Washington, DC, May 15–August 20, 2024
Image: Carnegie Deli in New York, New York. Photo by Ei Katsumata / Alamy Stock Photo.
Notorious RBG: The Life and Times of Ruth Bader Ginsburg
Notorious RBG: The Life and Times of Ruth Bader Ginsburg is the first-ever retrospective about the trailblazing associate justice and cultural icon, based on the popular Tumblr and bestselling book of the same name by journalist Irin Carmon and attorney Shana Knizhnik. Exploring the American judicial system through the lens of one of its sharpest legal minds, the exhibition takes an entertaining yet rigorous look at Justice Ginsburg’s life and work—in particular the efforts she joined to protect civil rights and expand equal opportunity for all Americans. Through archival photographs and documents, historical artifacts, contemporary art, media stations, and gallery interactives, the exhibition spans RBG’s varied roles as student, life partner, mother, lawyer, judge, women’s rights pioneer, and Internet phenomenon.
- Skirball Cultural Center, Los Angeles, CA, October 19, 2018–March 10, 2019
- National Museum of American Jewish History, Philadelphia, PA, October 4, 2019–January 13, 2020
- Illinois Holocaust Museum & Education Center, Skokie, IL, February 9, 2020–January 31, 2021
- Maltz Museum of Jewish Heritage, Cleveland, OH, February 21–June 20, 2021
- New-York Historical Society, New York, NY, October 1, 2021–January 23, 2022
- Holocaust Museum Houston, Houston, TX, March 11–July 31, 2022
- Capital Jewish Museum, Washington, DC, March 1–December 3, 2023
Image: Notorious RBG book cover illustration and title treatment by Adam Johnson. Courtesy of HarperCollins. Photographs: Crown © by Hurst Photo/Shutterstock; Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Collection of the Supreme Court of the United States.