Welcome back to the Skirball
Welcoming you is core to the Skirball mission. We hope you’ll visit soon!
On May 15, we open our doors to the general public with the Southern California debut of Ai Weiwei: Trace, with Member Preview Days taking place May 1–14. The Skirball campus is now open to Skirball Members for Noah’s Outdoor Explorers—an open-air experience inspired by the messages of Noah’s Ark at the Skirball™.
Please note: The exhibition Visions and Values and Noah’s Ark at the Skirball—as well as Audrey’s Museum Store, Zeidler’s Café (including cart service), Archaeology Dig, and Family Art Studio—remain closed at this time.
Be sure to read our Ticketing Guidelines and Safety Protocols carefully before making your reservation and arriving at the Skirball.
Skirball Cultural Center
2701 N. Sepulveda Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90049
Hours and Admission
For Ai Weiwei: Trace
One-hour time slots offered Tuesday–Sunday, May 15–August 1, 2021
Weekdays beginning every half hour 12:30–4:00 pm
Weekends beginning every half hour 10:30 am–4:00 pm
$12 General | $9 Seniors, Full-Time Students with ID, and Children over 12
$7 Children 2–12 | FREE to Members and Children under 2
FREE to all on Thursdays
For Noah’s Outdoor Explorers
Two-hour time slots offered Tuesday–Sunday
Weekdays at 12:00 pm or 2:30 pm
Weekends at 10:00 am, 12:30 pm, or 3:00 pm
FREE and open to Members
Closed Mondays and the following national and Jewish holidays:
- Sunday, July 4 (Independence Day)
- Tuesday, September 7 (Rosh Hashanah)
- Thursday, September 16 (Yom Kippur)
- Thursday, November 11 (Veterans Day)
- Thursday, November 25 (Thanksgiving Day)
- Tuesday, December 25 (Christmas Day)
SPECIAL ADMISSION PROGRAMS
The Skirball is pleased to offer FREE admission to the exhibition Ai Weiwei: Trace to the visitors listed below.
FREE tickets must be redeemed by advance reservation; walk-ups will not be accommodated. Enter the applicable promo code when reserving online. Eligibility will be verified upon check-in, so be prepared to show valid ID (unless otherwise stated).
- Golden State Advantage Card (EBT Card) holders, through the Museums for All initiative (each with five guests) | Promo code 99917
- Essential workers as determined by the State of California—including emergency services, healthcare, grocery stores, city operations and maintenance, social services, public transit, and delivery services—(each with one guest) | Promo code 99921
- Pre-K through Grade 12 teachers (each with one guest) | Promo code 99957
- Clergy members and first responders (each with one guest) | Promo code 99918
- Active duty military service members (each with one guest) | Promo code 99919
- Visitors with Federal Disability identification (limit one per ID) and, if applicable, their caregiver (no ID required) | Promo code 99920
Zeidler’s Café and grab-and-go food service remain closed. In the meantime, you are welcome to bring your own food to eat at designated outdoor tables, subject to availability. Food and drink may not be carried into the galleries.
Audrey’s Museum Store remains closed. Stay tuned for news of its reopening.
- Parking—ADA accessible parking is located in the South Parking garage. The North Parking garage also includes a limited number of ADA accessible spaces. Visit our Directions and Parking page for more information.
- Entrances—Power-assist doors are located at all main entrances.
- Wheelchair access—All indoor and outdoor spaces at the Skirball are wheelchair accessible. The use of motorized wheelchairs is permitted. A limited number of wheelchairs are available for check-out on a first-come, first-served basis in the main lobby and at the security kiosk in the North Parking garage. In order to check out a wheelchair, you must leave an ID with a Skirball representative.
- Service animals—ADA certified service animals are welcome; pets are not permitted on the Skirball campus.
- Restrooms—All public restrooms are wheelchair accessible, and most restrooms include baby changing stations.
- Nursing—Parents are welcome to nurse their children anywhere on campus. If privacy is desired, a family room is available on the lower level of the main lobby.
- Photography—Visitors are encouraged to take non-flash photographs or short videos—for personal, noncommercial use only—using hand-held cameras or smartphones. Leave selfie sticks, tripods, light stands, camera drones, and other prohibited equipment at home. Photography and videography may be prohibited inside changing exhibitions. Please check signs or consult with a Skirball team member before taking footage in these galleries.
- Phone calls—As a courtesy to fellow museumgoers, mobile phone conversations should be conducted outside of the galleries.
- Smoking—For the health and safety of all, the Skirball campus is a smoke-free environment except in designated areas. If you wish to smoke, please ask a Skirball team member where smoking is permitted.