Explore the artistry and vision of a diverse and largely under-recognized group of creators during this Members-only tour of Fabric of a Nation: American Quilt Stories led by Skirball Museum Director, Sheri Bernstein.
This is a past program
This program took place on
Wednesday, March 1, 2023
About the Program
Explore the artistry and vision of a diverse and largely under-recognized group of creators during a very special tour of Fabric of a Nation: American Quilt Stories led by Skirball Museum Director, Sheri Bernstein.
Learn how this collection of more than forty quilts brings to light stories that enrich, deepen, and complicate our understanding of the American experience.
While you're here, don't miss:
- Together for Good: Caron Tabb and the Quilting Corner—Take in Caron Tabb's ever-evolving quilt Fabric of Humanity—Repairing My World, and contribute to a community artwork.
- Chloë Bass: Wayfinding—Experience our campus anew with this expansive outdoor exhibition, featuring dozens of mirrored sculptures that prompt self-reflection.
- Welcome Blanket—View an installation of blankets created to welcome refugees to the United States.
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg by Ramsess—Head to the Liberty Gallery inside Visions and Values to see a vibrant quilt depicting RBG. On view through March 12.
Email email@example.com or call (310) 440-4599 with questions.
Make a Day of It!
- Shop exhibition-related items and more at Audrey’s Museum Store.
- Dine at Judy’s Counter or Zeidler’s Café.*
*Café reservations are recommended. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (310) 440-4515.
More to Explore
Fabric of a Nation: American Quilt Stories and its related educational programs at the Skirball Cultural Center are made possible by generous support from the following donors:
The Philip and Muriel Berman Foundation
The Richard E. and Harriett F. Gold Charitable Fund
The Keston Family
Alicia Miñana and Rob Lovelace
Organized by the Museum of Fine Arts